Main course: Soy Glazed Tuna
2 tuna steaks
1 cup basmati rice
50ml dark soy sauce
4 tbsp soft brown sugar
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 Pak Choi
2 spring onions
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1) Put the soy sauce and brown sugar in a pan and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Add the garlic, sesame oil and cool. Cover the tuna steaks with the marinade and leave for 5 hours
2) Boil your rice for 12 minutes and toast the sesame seeds
3) Blanch the pak choi and place on the griddle to char
4) Place the tuna steaks on the griddle for 2 minutes each side – they will be nice and pink on the inside.
5) Take the remaining marinade and bring to a simmer in a pan with your chopped spring onions
6) To serve, slice the tune steaks and lay on top of a bed of rice. Lay 2 pak choi leaves on top. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and spoon over the marinade. Finish with a squeeze of lime.